To all of the moms out there: your strength, dedication, and selflessness are never ending, but don’t forget it is also important to have some “me time”! In fact, the happier you are in your own skin, the happier those around you will be. Motherhood can sometimes compromise such happiness as it alters the body in more ways then one. Rebuild your self-confidence today with a Mommy Makeover! Be selfish, be confident, be your best you – you deserve it!
After birth, your body may have trouble regaining its original skin elasticity, muscle tone, and slim physique. Diet and exercise can only restore so much of your pre-pregnancy body. The Mommy Makeover at Suffolk Plastic Surgeons, PC is designed to restore youthful contours! In fact, it is designed to help correct the following conditions:
- Sagging breasts
- Small or deflated breasts
- A protruding abdomen
- Separated abdominal muscles
- Stretched skin on the abdomen
- Excess stubborn fat on the body
If you are interested in learning more about our Mommy Makeover, please reach out to us on social media and/or call us to schedule a consultation: 631-364-0333.
2018 is the year of you! And in this new year, we want to help you stick to your resolutions. Are you promising yourself this year will be the year you fit into that bikini you have never worn? Or maybe this is the year you finally get your pre-baby bod back? Whatever it is, we are here to cheer you on! We not only believe in health and wellness, but we truly believe in body confidence. Here are some procedures we specialize in that may help you achieve your best you!
LIPOSUCTION: Liposuction is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure used to remove localized areas of fat from the body through a small thin tube. The fat from the targeted area is suctioned from the body through this tube to help patients achieve a slim and balanced appearance.
TUMMY TUCK: Abdominoplasty, often called a “tummy tuck,” is a popular procedure used to flatten and shape the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and tightening muscles. Our doctors have been performing tummy tucks with excellent cosmetic results for many years. Patients love the look of their new flat stomachs after surgery under our doctors’ exceptional care!
MOMMY MAKEOVER: After birth, your body may have trouble regaining its original skin elasticity, muscle tone, and slim physique. Diet and exercise can only restore so much of your pre-pregnancy body. The Mommy Makeover at Suffolk Plastic Surgeons, PC is designed to restore youthful contours!
If you are interested in learning more about any of the above or other services we offer, please reach out to us on social media and/or call us to schedule a consultation: 631-751-4400.
Liposuction is used to remove localized areas of fat from the body to help patients achieve a slim and balanced appearance. This procedure may be performed alone, or can be combined with other cosmetic procedures, such as a facelift, breast reduction or tummy tuck, to achieve maximum results.
New technologies have improved the accuracy of this procedure for both patient and doctor, and allow patients to achieve their desired results through a much less invasive procedure. Liposuction is performed through a tumescent technique, and may also include the assistance of ultrasound imaging or laser energy.
The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia. Your doctor will make several tiny incisions and inject a local anesthetic into the area to help expand and firm the fat, making it easier to remove. The thin tube is then inserted through the incisions to suction out the fat. No stitches are needed after liposuction since the incisions are small enough to heal on their own.
In laser-assisted tumescent liposuction, a laser is used to liquefy the targeted fat before it is removed, allowing for an easier and less painful removal. The laser may also be used to tighten skin in the treated area after fat is removed. Similarly, ultrasound-assisted liposuction uses ultrasound energy to liquefy fat before it is removed for a smoother removal process.
After the liposuction procedure, patients may experience mild swelling, bruising and discomfort in the treated area. Compression garments or elastic bandages may be used to help reduce these symptoms while the area heals. Patients can return to work and other regular activities as soon as they feel comfortable, which is usually after a few days. Exercise and other strenuous activities should be avoided for a few weeks.
If you are interested in learning more about how liposuction can help you achieve and maintain a youthful body and mind, please reach out to us on social media and/or call us to schedule a consultation: 631-751-4400.
The summer months may be behind us, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t still dreaming of a youthful toned shape. While we may have turned in our swimsuits for winter coats and scarves, it’s never too early to start prepping your figure for the next beach season – after all it is only six months away! Here are three tips and tricks to restoring a more youthful shape, and in-turn, a more positive outlook on your body.
COOLSCULPTING. CoolSculpting is the first and only nonsurgical procedure to selectively reduce fat layers in problem areas that include muffin tops, love handles, and back fat. Say goodbye to rolls and hello to a smooth flat abdomen! Patients generally start to see results as soon as three weeks following treatment, with the most dramatic results occurring over a period of two to four months. Your body will still flush out fat cells for up to six months after treatment! No, it’s not magic. It’s CoolSculpting!
LIPOSUCTION. Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure used to remove localized areas of fat from the body. The fat from the targeted area is removed from the body to help patients achieve a slim and balanced appearance. This procedure may be performed alone, or can be combined with other cosmetic procedures, such as a facelift, breast reduction or tummy tuck, to achieve maximum results. Summer bikini here we come!
FACELIFT. Does the face you see in the mirror reflect who you are inside? Facial cosmetic surgery can give your face a more youthful look or improve the shape of features such as the nose, chin or ears. Facelifts counteract signs of aging by tightening muscle, removing fat, and trimming excess skin, giving your face a fresher, youthful look. After surgery, some patients look 10-15 years younger!
If you are interested in learning more about ways to achieve and maintain a youthful body and mind, please call us today to schedule a consultation: 631-751-4400.
Beach season is right around the corner, and that means it’s also bikini season! We know many dread this season because of lack of body confidence. Life happenings can definitely take a toll on our bodies. Pregnancy, weight loss, and even just age affect your body physically and your mind mentally. We want to help you get that bikini bod confidence again! Here are four life-changing procedures to help you restore your youthful beach body:
- Tummy Tuck. Abdominoplasty, often called a “tummy tuck,” is a popular procedure used to flatten and shape the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and tightening muscles. The best candidates for a tummy tuck are in good physical condition with pockets of fat or loose skin that haven’t responded well to traditional diet and exercise. This procedure can also benefit older, slightly obese people whose skin has lost some of its elasticity. Tummy tucks can also be useful for women with stretched skin and muscles from pregnancy.
- CoolSculpting. CoolSculpting® is the first and only nonsurgical procedure to selectively reduce fat layers in problem areas that include muffin tops, love handles and back fat. CoolSculpting® uses patented cooling technology to eliminate fat without surgery. It is designed to selectively reduce the fat in problem areas that has proven resistant to reduction through diet and exercise.
- Body Lift. A body lift, also known as a belt lipectomy, is performed to remove excess skin or fatty tissue on the body that results from age or extreme weight loss. More extensive than just a tummy tuck, the body lift is performed on the lower torso and upper legs and resculpts the abdomen, hips, back, buttocks and outer thighs. People who have lost a large amount of weight, either through gastric bypass surgery or intestinal bypass surgery, or change in nutrition and fitness habits, may have excess skin on their bodies and are excellent candidates for a body lift.
- Liposuction. Liposuction is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure used to remove localized areas of fat from the body through a small thin tube called a cannula. The fat from the targeted area is suctioned from the body through this tube to help patients achieve a slim and balanced appearance. The ideal candidate for liposuction is someone who is in good overall health and maintains a healthy lifestyle, but has one or more problem areas with unresponsive fat deposits.
If you would like more information on the procedures above, or would like to hear about other available options, give us a call: 631-751-4400.
Summer is almost here, and that means it is getting closer to bathing suit season! Have you been dreaming of getting back your youthful tummy, but are not sure what procedure is right for you? Do you have stubborn fat that will not go away with consistent exercise? Then it is time to consider a “mini tummy tuck.”
What is a mini tummy tuck? A partial abdominoplasty, or “mini tummy tuck”, is similar to the regular tummy tuck procedure, except it involves a shorter incision and the skin is only lifted to the navel, which does not have to be moved.
Am I a candidate for a mini tummy tuck? This procedure is ideal for patients who need just a little improvement in order to reach their desired results. You can discuss the differences between procedures, as well as weigh their benefits and risks with your doctor in order to decide which procedure is best for you. By listening to what patients have to say and closely examining them rather than performing a one-size-fits-all procedure on every person, we provide patients with a completely customized treatment that takes into account their specific goals.
What can I expect my results to be? A tummy tuck leaves patients with a flatter, more toned abdominal area that fits the natural contours of your body. It can improve a patient’s appearance and confidence by helping them look and feel younger and slimmer. The results of this procedure are visible right away and will continue to improve. With a balanced diet and regular exercise, results are long-lasting. Scars will fade with time, leaving your stomach sleeker and more defined than ever before.
For more information about a partial abdominoplasty (“mini tummy tuck”), or to schedule an appointment, please give us a call: 631-751-4400.
Warmer weather is not far away and that has us thinking about ways to get that perfect summer body. Do you want to feel confident in your new bikini on your summer vacation? Are you always stressing and feeling self-conscious when you have to pick an outfit for those backyard barbecues? Are you struggling with stubborn problem areas and need a self-esteem boost? Well we have five tips to help you get your body summer ready!
- Sleep. Sleep is one of the most important parts of your everyday routine to regulate when trying to get your summer body ready. When we are sleep-deprived, we tend to mindlessly overeat ultimately sabotaging our waistline. Tiredness leads to poor decisions like skipping the gym, grabbing a large latte instead of a small, and getting takeout for dinner because it is quick and easy. A well-rested body is less stressed, fueled, motivated, and willing to make better choices. Just like your cell phone needs to be charged every night, so does your body!
- Nutrition. It is no secret that eating the right types of foods can help you get that summer body you have always been dreaming of. But which foods should you eat more of and which should you stay away from? Go green: leafy greens like spinach, kale, and even peppermint can help add nutrition and volume to your meals without the calories. Choose proteins like eggs and salmon rich in healthy acids and fats. Snack on berries like blackberries and blueberries packed with antioxidants and fiber. Foods to avoid: pretzels (high in sodium), pre-made smoothies (high in sugar), fruit juices (high in sugar), and white flour pasta (the body recognizes white flour as sugar).
- Exercise. You might not be surprised that moving around will help you lose and maintain a healthy weight. But just how much should we be working out? As a general goal, aim for at least 30 minutes of some kind of physical activity a day. This does not have to be high intense activities, but rather can be as simple as going for a walk on your work break. And don’t be afraid to switch it up every now and then! Workout variety is a good thing.
- Mini tummy tuck. Sometimes working out, eating right, and getting enough sleep just aren’t enough for stubborn fat and loose skin. Luckily, there are procedures like a partial abdominoplasty, or “mini tummy tuck” to help remove that excess fat and skin and help tighten muscles. This is similar to the regular tummy tuck procedure, except it involves a shorter incision and the skin is only lifted to the navel, which does not have to be moved. This procedure is ideal for patients who need just a little improvement in order to reach their desired results.
- Body lift. Unfortunately most of the time diet and exercise just cannot battle factors like aging, sun damage, cellulite, genetics, extreme weight loss, and pregnancy. Poor tissue elasticity can result in sagging of the areas like the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. A body lift can help combat this poor tissue elasticity issue. It is more extensive than just a tummy tuck. A body lift is performed on the lower torso and upper legs and resculpts the abdomen, hips, back, buttocks and outer thighs.
No one likes struggling with those stubborn problem areas or feeling run down and stressed. Making smarter decisions is your first step to gaining confidence and getting your body summer ready. So get the right amount of sleep, choose healthy foods as often as possible, and get out and move. And for that extra stubborn fat or loose skin, give us a call and talk with our doctors about options like mini tummy tucks and body lifts. It’s time to build a better happier you.