The summer months may be behind us, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t still dreaming of a youthful toned shape. While we may have turned in our swimsuits for winter coats and scarves, it’s never too early to start prepping your figure for the next beach season – after all it is only six months away! Here are three tips and tricks to restoring a more youthful shape, and in-turn, a more positive outlook on your body.
COOLSCULPTING. CoolSculpting is the first and only nonsurgical procedure to selectively reduce fat layers in problem areas that include muffin tops, love handles, and back fat. Say goodbye to rolls and hello to a smooth flat abdomen! Patients generally start to see results as soon as three weeks following treatment, with the most dramatic results occurring over a period of two to four months. Your body will still flush out fat cells for up to six months after treatment! No, it’s not magic. It’s CoolSculpting!
LIPOSUCTION. Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure used to remove localized areas of fat from the body. The fat from the targeted area is removed from the body to help patients achieve a slim and balanced appearance. This procedure may be performed alone, or can be combined with other cosmetic procedures, such as a facelift, breast reduction or tummy tuck, to achieve maximum results. Summer bikini here we come!
FACELIFT. Does the face you see in the mirror reflect who you are inside? Facial cosmetic surgery can give your face a more youthful look or improve the shape of features such as the nose, chin or ears. Facelifts counteract signs of aging by tightening muscle, removing fat, and trimming excess skin, giving your face a fresher, youthful look. After surgery, some patients look 10-15 years younger!
If you are interested in learning more about ways to achieve and maintain a youthful body and mind, please call us today to schedule a consultation: 631-751-4400.
Fall is here, which means winter is near. That also means cold winds and a snowy forecast is just around the corner. While you might be shopping around for your new winter coat, keep in mind your face needs attention too! We have a solution – chemical peels! Chemical peels remove damaged outer layers of skin on the face to smooth texture, reduce scarring, and remove blemishes to produce healthy, glowing skin.
There are three types of chemical peels, ranging from mild to strong. Peels can be combined with other procedures such as facelifts for a more youthful look. They may be covered by insurance if they are performed for medical rather than cosmetic reasons.
AHAs are the gentlest of the three types of chemical peel. They smooth and brighten skin by treating fine wrinkles, dryness, uneven pigmentation and acne. AHAs are typically applied once a week, or may be mixed in a milder concentration with a cream or cleanser to be used daily; treatment takes 10 minutes or less.
TCAs are commonly used for medium-depth peeling (though depth is adjustable) to treat fine surface wrinkles, superficial blemishes and pigment problems, sometimes in combination with AHAs. TCAs are the preferred chemical solution for darker-skinned patients and may be used on the neck and other areas of the body. Multiple treatments may be required, but treatments only last 10-15 minutes and recovery time is short.
Phenol, the strongest chemical peel, treats deeper skin problems such as coarse facial wrinkles, pre-cancerous growths, and areas of blotchy or damaged skin caused by sun exposure, aging or birth-control pills. Phenol is used only on the face. Full-facial treatment can last an hour or two and recovery can take a few months, with possible skin lightening and removal of freckles.
If you are interested in learning more about the types of chemical peels we offer, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us today: 631-751-4400
Your skin changes with the seasons, and so should your skincare! Summer might be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean the sun stops affecting your skin. Now is the perfect time to start getting your skin ready for the fall, and even preparing for the harsh winters ahead! Here are three recommended tips to restoring your youthful glow and reversing some of the wear and tear your skin took during the summer.
Exfoliate. Time to get rid of that dry cracked sun-damaged skin! Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive spa procedure that rejuvenates the appearance of the skin by treating sun damage, scarring, wrinkles and other unwanted skin problems. This procedure uses a gentle stream of tiny particles to exfoliate the outer layer of skin, leaving fresh, younger-looking skin and a renewed appearance. Microdermabrasion may be combined with other procedures such as chemical peels or laser treatment.
Rehydrate. Our skin gets thirsty too! Make sure to drink plenty of water, and use moisturizers daily. If you are looking for an extra facial boost, try our Zo Hydration Facial Treatment. This treatment hydrates and rejuvenates moisture-depleted skin. Replenish your skin with this hydration facial treatment while decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This treatment uses, aloe, cucumber and chamomile, to calm and soothe the skin, along with DNA repairing enzymes, resulting in a beautiful refreshed look to your skin.
Protect. The sun might be setting earlier, but it can still be damaging! Make sure to use facial and body moisturizers and makeup that have sunscreen already in them. This will help protect against damaging sun rays that cause wrinkles and sunspots. If not, use sunscreen daily – protection is key to healthy glowing skin!
If you are interested in learning more about ways to rejuvenate your skin, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us today: 631-751-4400
Have you ever looked at your cellphone screen after a phone call and noticed there was oil from your face on the screen? Does your face always look shiny when looking at pictures of yourself? Everyone has natural oils within their skin, but some secret more oil than others.
Oily skin is caused by excess skin oil produced within the pores, and the amount of oil fluctuates with hormone fluctuation. For example, an adolescent going through puberty is experiencing a high hormone fluctuation and thus will be more likely to excrete more oil from their pores. It all comes down to one’s genetic makeup and how his or her body reacts to life events.
Here are some tips and tricks to treating oily skin:
- Cleanse: Use a gentle face cleanser twice a day
- Moisturize: Moisturize your skin every day
- Oil-free products: Use oil-free face products especially when it comes to makeup
- ZO Acne Facial Treatment: This treatment, offered by our spa, is used to minimize excess oil production and tighten pores. This process while is a deep pore cleansing treatment it also encourages healing and reduces inflammation using eucalyptus and kaolin which which will help to calm and soothe.
- Oxygen Treatment: This treatment, offered by our spa, uses pressurized cool oxygen increases absorption of serum to improve skins moisture as well as vitamins.
If you are interested in learning more about our facial treatments, how to combat oily skin, or any other service we offer please call us today: 631-751-4400.
The constant heat and humidity of the summer can leave your skin dehydrated, cracked, and stressed. Luckily, the food we eat and how we treat ourselves can prevent or even reverse these effects. Your body needs the right nutrients to fight off damage, and your skin is no different. Here are some tips and tricks to rejuvenating your skin!
- NUTRITION: Drink plenty of water every day – the recommended amount is eight glasses a day. Eat foods rich with antioxidants like blueberries, cranberries, and pecans. Eat a diet filled with colorful vegetables like peppers, spinach, and beets. A diet rich in vitamin C leads to fewer wrinkles. Researchers have found that skin exposed to vitamin C for long periods of time can produce up to eight times more collagen!
- EVERYDAY TIPS: Limit your sun exposure. While small amounts of daily sun can be beneficial, too much sun can damage your skin. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen and polarized sunglasses. Opt for natural skin products that don’t contain harsh chemicals. Engage in activities that relieve stress as high levels of stress will compromise your skin. Make sure that you not only sleep for eight hours a night, but that it is quality sleep.
- MICRODERMABRASION: Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive spa procedure that rejuvenates the appearance of the skin by treating sun damage, scarring, wrinkles and other unwanted skin problems. This procedure uses a gentle stream of tiny particles to exfoliate the outer layer of skin, leaving fresh, younger-looking skin and a renewed appearance.
If you are interested in learning more about ways to rejuvenate your skin, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us today: 631-751-4400.
When you smile, laugh, or frown you contract the muscles of your face. Over time, these contractions produce permanent deep wrinkles in the skin. Many see such wrinkles around the eyes and mouth, between the eyebrows, and on the forehead. These lines can make you look older, sad, angry or tired. Soft tissue fillers like BOTOX® can prevent you from deepening these lines during natural facial movements. They can also erase such marks of aging, leaving you looking younger and refreshed.
WHAT IT IS: Botox is a highly purified protein injected into the skin to relax the muscles that cause some kinds of wrinkles. Botox injections are relatively painless, as the needle used is significantly smaller than those used for other injectable fillers.
USES: Botox is primarily used to reduce lines and wrinkles on the face and neck. The procedure only takes a few minutes and requires no anesthetic. Wrinkles begin to fade within 24 hours, with continued improvement over the next five days.
CANDIDATES: The best candidates for Botox are men and women seeking an enhanced appearance with fewer wrinkles. In addition, it is important that those seeking treatment are in good physical health, are not pregnant or nursing and do not have a neuromuscular disorder. People seeking Botox injections should have realistic expectations regarding this procedure’s abilities and should discuss their desired goals with their doctor beforehand.
If you are interested in learning more about Botox, or any other soft tissue filler we offer please call us today: 631-751-4400.
Summer is here and that means so is the heat and humidity. That also means it’s time for backyard barbecues, beach hangouts, and outdoor parties. This is one reason the permanent makeup trend is on the rise. So often summer heat melts away eyeliner, mascara, lipliner, and more. If you find yourself constantly having to reapply your makeup, or you are just tired of your daily extensive makeup routine, then it is time to explore the benefits of permanent makeup!
WHAT IS IT? Permanent makeup mimics the look of just-applied lipstick, lip liner, eyebrow pencil, and eyeliner. It is done through a process called micropigmentation. Micropigmentation uses a tattooing technique as a means of adding designs around the eyes, lips, and eyebrows for a full makeup-ready look.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS? Permanent makeup means saying goodbye not just to the constant application in humid months like the summer, but to your everyday lengthy makeup routine. The best part? It is long lasting! Give your face a break from dry powders and greasy liners. With permanent makeup, you can wakeup and go without the hassle.
WHERE CAN I GET IT DONE? We now offer permanent makeup at our spa, Spa Belle Meade! Currently, we offer permanent makeup solutions for eyebrows, eyeliner, full lip and lip liner. It is important to note that permanent makeup requires the same downtime and recovery as any other type of tattoo. We recommend avoiding the sun, pool, and/or beach for the first week.
If you are interested in learning more about our permanent makeup solutions, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us today: 631-751-4400.
Tired of constantly applying your makeup? We are now offering permanent makeup solutions! Call us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment: 631-751-2693.
With the colder months behind us, we are beginning to prep ourselves for summer. That means getting our dry skin looking refreshed! If you are tired of dried elbows, pealing facial skin, and rough cracked hands then try out these 5 tips and tricks to achieving glowing hydrated skin.
- H2O. Make water your best friend! It is one of the most important factors in achieving fresh looking skin. Drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water a day will hydrate your body from the inside out. Mix it up every once in a while by adding lemon or cucumber to your water for a refreshing change!
- Protect. Everyday elements such as the sun, wind, and pollution can have an effect on your skin. Make sure to apply sunscreen (even if it is not sunny) when you plan on going outdoors. Read the ingredients in your beauty products – many brands already include sunscreen in them! Wear appropriate clothing that covers your skin from unnecessary sun exposure or highly polluted areas.
- Moisturize. First, find the right moisturizer for your skin type and body part. Your face might require a different type of cream than other areas like your hands, elbows, and feet as it may be more sensitive. After cleansing the area(s), apply moisturizer. This should be done daily, in the morning and at night.
- Exfoliate. Moisture cannot get in the skin if there are too many dead cells blocking it. Try exfoliating in the shower using a body wash and a brush or sponge. You can also treat yourself to an exfoliating facial or chemical peal! Chemical peels remove damaged outer layers of skin on the face to smooth texture, reduce scarring, and remove blemishes to produce healthy, glowing skin.
- Nutrition. Eating foods high in water content can help hydrate your skin from the inside out. Try water-based foods like watermelon, cantaloupe, oranges, and kiwi. Choose watery vegetables like celery, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Also consider an omega-3 supplement, or consume more fatty fish to give your skin the building blocks it needs to appear smooth.
Say goodbye to rough cracked skin, and hello to smooth fresh perfection! If you would like more information about keeping your skin hydrated and protected, or would like more information on the types of chemical peels we offer to help kickstart the process, give us a call: 631-751-4400.
The spring season is upon us! It’s time to store away your winter jackets and boots and break out those cute spring dresses and pumps. It’s also time to get your body into shape and ready for the warm weather and festivities. Are there areas on your body you wish were smoother? Do you have stubborn pockets of fat that exercise and diet just won’t shed? We have the solution for you: CoolSculpting!
CoolSculpting is a breakthrough, non-invasive procedure that uses patented cooling technology to eliminate fat without surgery. It is the first and only procedure to selectively reduce fat layers in problem areas that include muffin tops, love handles, and back fat. This clinically proven technique is designed to selectively reduce the fat in problem areas that have proven resistant to reduction through diet and exercise.
How does it work? CoolSculpting gently cools targeted cells in the body to induce a natural, controlled elimination of these unwanted fat cells. Based on the scientific principle that fat cells are more sensitive to cold than the overlying skin and surrounding tissues, CoolSculpting reduces the temperature of fat cells in the treated area. This is intended to promote fat cell elimination through a natural biological process known as apoptosis, without causing scar tissue or damage to the skin, nerves or surrounding tissues.
CoolSculpting is convenient, comfortable, and the results are long-lasting! The procedure involves no needles, surgery or downtime and thus patients can resume daily activities including work and exercise immediately following treatment. Procedures typically last for about one hour, so treatment can easily be performed at lunchtime or during an opportune time of day. The results are dramatic. Patients can expect an average 20% reduction of fat in the treated areas.
Patients generally start seeing results as soon as three weeks following treatment, and the most dramatic results occur over a period of two to four months. And even more good news… your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to six months after treatment! With warmer weather around the corner, now is the time to treat yourself and get that summer body you’ve always wanted. And what better way to kick off the warmer seasons then trying CoolSculpting?!