To all of the moms out there: your strength, dedication, and selflessness are never ending, but don’t forget it is also important to have some “me time”! In fact, the happier you are in your own skin, the happier those around you will be. Motherhood can sometimes compromise such happiness as it alters the body in more ways then one. Rebuild your self-confidence today with a Mommy Makeover! Be selfish, be confident, be your best you – you deserve it!
After birth, your body may have trouble regaining its original skin elasticity, muscle tone, and slim physique. Diet and exercise can only restore so much of your pre-pregnancy body. The Mommy Makeover at Suffolk Plastic Surgeons, PC is designed to restore youthful contours! In fact, it is designed to help correct the following conditions:
- Sagging breasts
- Small or deflated breasts
- A protruding abdomen
- Separated abdominal muscles
- Stretched skin on the abdomen
- Excess stubborn fat on the body
If you are interested in learning more about our Mommy Makeover, please reach out to us on social media and/or call us to schedule a consultation: 631-364-0333.
Women may decide to undergo cosmetic plastic surgery for many reasons. Breast augmentation is one of the most frequently performed cosmetic surgery procedures in the U.S. and one of our most popular services. A breast augmentation can give women with small or unevenly sized breasts a fuller, firmer, better-proportioned look through the placement of saline or silicone implants in the breast.
So you are taking the next step in fulfilling your body goals. How can you make sure you’re setting yourself up for success? One of the best ways to do that is to educate yourself and make sure that you’re prepared for the recovery period after your surgery.
Self-care is one of the most important factors in your breast augmentation recovery. In fact, it will partly determine your final results. Here are some do’s after having a breast augmentation…
- Avoid heavy lifting.
- Rest and take it easy.
- Eat healthy.
- Follow your doctors directions for recovery.
- Be patient.
- Be positive!
If you are interested in learning more about any stage of a breast augmentation, please reach out to us on social media and/or call us to schedule a consultation: 631-364-0333.
2018 is the year of you! And in this new year, we want to help you stick to your resolutions. Are you promising yourself this year will be the year you fit into that bikini you have never worn? Or maybe this is the year you finally get your pre-baby bod back? Whatever it is, we are here to cheer you on! We not only believe in health and wellness, but we truly believe in body confidence. Here are some procedures we specialize in that may help you achieve your best you!
LIPOSUCTION: Liposuction is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure used to remove localized areas of fat from the body through a small thin tube. The fat from the targeted area is suctioned from the body through this tube to help patients achieve a slim and balanced appearance.
TUMMY TUCK: Abdominoplasty, often called a “tummy tuck,” is a popular procedure used to flatten and shape the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and tightening muscles. Our doctors have been performing tummy tucks with excellent cosmetic results for many years. Patients love the look of their new flat stomachs after surgery under our doctors’ exceptional care!
MOMMY MAKEOVER: After birth, your body may have trouble regaining its original skin elasticity, muscle tone, and slim physique. Diet and exercise can only restore so much of your pre-pregnancy body. The Mommy Makeover at Suffolk Plastic Surgeons, PC is designed to restore youthful contours!
If you are interested in learning more about any of the above or other services we offer, please reach out to us on social media and/or call us to schedule a consultation: 631-751-4400.
The summer months may be behind us, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t still dreaming of a youthful toned shape. While we may have turned in our swimsuits for winter coats and scarves, it’s never too early to start prepping your figure for the next beach season – after all it is only six months away! Here are three tips and tricks to restoring a more youthful shape, and in-turn, a more positive outlook on your body.
COOLSCULPTING. CoolSculpting is the first and only nonsurgical procedure to selectively reduce fat layers in problem areas that include muffin tops, love handles, and back fat. Say goodbye to rolls and hello to a smooth flat abdomen! Patients generally start to see results as soon as three weeks following treatment, with the most dramatic results occurring over a period of two to four months. Your body will still flush out fat cells for up to six months after treatment! No, it’s not magic. It’s CoolSculpting!
LIPOSUCTION. Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure used to remove localized areas of fat from the body. The fat from the targeted area is removed from the body to help patients achieve a slim and balanced appearance. This procedure may be performed alone, or can be combined with other cosmetic procedures, such as a facelift, breast reduction or tummy tuck, to achieve maximum results. Summer bikini here we come!
FACELIFT. Does the face you see in the mirror reflect who you are inside? Facial cosmetic surgery can give your face a more youthful look or improve the shape of features such as the nose, chin or ears. Facelifts counteract signs of aging by tightening muscle, removing fat, and trimming excess skin, giving your face a fresher, youthful look. After surgery, some patients look 10-15 years younger!
If you are interested in learning more about ways to achieve and maintain a youthful body and mind, please call us today to schedule a consultation: 631-751-4400.
If you have problem areas that have proven resistant to healthy eating and exercise, then CoolSculpting might be the solution for you! CoolSculpting is a breakthrough, non-invasive procedure that uses patented cooling technology to eliminate fat without surgery. This clinically proven technique is designed to selectively reduce the fat in problem areas.
CoolSculpting® is the first and only nonsurgical procedure to selectively reduce fat layers in problem areas that include muffin tops, love handles and back fat. Patients generally start to see results as soon as three weeks following treatment, with the most dramatic results occurring over a period of two to four months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to six months after treatment.
CoolScultping has many benefits: It involves no needles, surgery or downtime, it’s comfortable, it’s convenient, and the results can be dramatic! If you are interested in learning more about CoolSculpting, or any other service we offer please call us today to schedule a consultation: 631-751-4400.
Have you ever looked into your mirror and longed for a more youthful shape, or dreamed of a different, better-proportioned you? Then you are not alone! In fact, breast augmentation is one of the most frequently performed cosmetic surgery procedures in the U.S. and one of our most popular services. A breast augmentation may give women with small or unevenly sized breasts a fuller, firmer, better-proportioned look through the placement of saline or silicone implants in the breast.
Our patients elect to undergo breast augmentation for many different medical and aesthetic reasons, including balancing breast size, compensating for reduced breast mass after pregnancy, and correcting a congenital breast defect. For this reason, every one of our patients enjoys completely customized treatment designed with her specific goals in mind. Under our doctors’ expert care, patients enjoy great-looking, natural-feeling breasts that are one or more cup sizes larger after the operation.
Breast augmentation may achieve dramatic and beautiful results on its own as well as in conjunction with other cosmetic surgery or non-invasive procedures*. We sometimes recommend combining breast augmentation with other procedures such as a breast lift for more satisfying results.
If you are interested in learning more about a breast augmentation, or any other service we offer please call us today to schedule a consultation: 631-751-4400.
HOW IT WORKS: Ultherapy® is a nonsurgical treatment that may effectively lift and tighten the tissues in the face and neck using ultrasound energy. This advanced procedure targets the deep layers of tissue normally adjusted during a facelift or neck lift, heating them with the system’s sound waves and stimulating the production of collagen to achieve a slimmer, more youthful appearance. It can be used to treat sagging skin on the cheeks and neck while leaving the surface of the skin intact.
CANDIDATES: Many patients who choose this procedure wish to correct early signs of aging or to postpone the need for surgery.
EXPECTED RESULTS: The Ultherapy procedure takes just 30 to 60 minutes to perform in the doctor’s office, and involves no downtime, minimal side effects and gradual, natural-looking results. Patients will be able to return to work and their regular activities immediately after treatment, although the skin may appear slightly flushed for about an hour. Initial results are visible immediately after the Ultherapy treatment, but true lifting occurs over the next two to three months, as worn collagen is replaced with the stronger collagen produced from this procedure.
Facial cosmetic surgery can give your face a more youthful look or improve the shape of features such as the nose, chin or ears. At Suffolk Plastic Surgeons, PC, our board certified doctors can help you in choosing a facial rejuvenation procedure that will enhance your confidence and give you a naturally beautiful appearance that is true to who you are. For more information about Ultherapy, other facial cosmetic procedures, or to schedule an appointment, please give us a call: 631-751-4400.
Beach season is right around the corner, and that means it’s also bikini season! We know many dread this season because of lack of body confidence. Life happenings can definitely take a toll on our bodies. Pregnancy, weight loss, and even just age affect your body physically and your mind mentally. We want to help you get that bikini bod confidence again! Here are four life-changing procedures to help you restore your youthful beach body:
- Tummy Tuck. Abdominoplasty, often called a “tummy tuck,” is a popular procedure used to flatten and shape the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and tightening muscles. The best candidates for a tummy tuck are in good physical condition with pockets of fat or loose skin that haven’t responded well to traditional diet and exercise. This procedure can also benefit older, slightly obese people whose skin has lost some of its elasticity. Tummy tucks can also be useful for women with stretched skin and muscles from pregnancy.
- CoolSculpting. CoolSculpting® is the first and only nonsurgical procedure to selectively reduce fat layers in problem areas that include muffin tops, love handles and back fat. CoolSculpting® uses patented cooling technology to eliminate fat without surgery. It is designed to selectively reduce the fat in problem areas that has proven resistant to reduction through diet and exercise.
- Body Lift. A body lift, also known as a belt lipectomy, is performed to remove excess skin or fatty tissue on the body that results from age or extreme weight loss. More extensive than just a tummy tuck, the body lift is performed on the lower torso and upper legs and resculpts the abdomen, hips, back, buttocks and outer thighs. People who have lost a large amount of weight, either through gastric bypass surgery or intestinal bypass surgery, or change in nutrition and fitness habits, may have excess skin on their bodies and are excellent candidates for a body lift.
- Liposuction. Liposuction is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure used to remove localized areas of fat from the body through a small thin tube called a cannula. The fat from the targeted area is suctioned from the body through this tube to help patients achieve a slim and balanced appearance. The ideal candidate for liposuction is someone who is in good overall health and maintains a healthy lifestyle, but has one or more problem areas with unresponsive fat deposits.
If you would like more information on the procedures above, or would like to hear about other available options, give us a call: 631-751-4400.
With the colder months behind us, we are beginning to prep ourselves for summer. That means getting our dry skin looking refreshed! If you are tired of dried elbows, pealing facial skin, and rough cracked hands then try out these 5 tips and tricks to achieving glowing hydrated skin.
- H2O. Make water your best friend! It is one of the most important factors in achieving fresh looking skin. Drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water a day will hydrate your body from the inside out. Mix it up every once in a while by adding lemon or cucumber to your water for a refreshing change!
- Protect. Everyday elements such as the sun, wind, and pollution can have an effect on your skin. Make sure to apply sunscreen (even if it is not sunny) when you plan on going outdoors. Read the ingredients in your beauty products – many brands already include sunscreen in them! Wear appropriate clothing that covers your skin from unnecessary sun exposure or highly polluted areas.
- Moisturize. First, find the right moisturizer for your skin type and body part. Your face might require a different type of cream than other areas like your hands, elbows, and feet as it may be more sensitive. After cleansing the area(s), apply moisturizer. This should be done daily, in the morning and at night.
- Exfoliate. Moisture cannot get in the skin if there are too many dead cells blocking it. Try exfoliating in the shower using a body wash and a brush or sponge. You can also treat yourself to an exfoliating facial or chemical peal! Chemical peels remove damaged outer layers of skin on the face to smooth texture, reduce scarring, and remove blemishes to produce healthy, glowing skin.
- Nutrition. Eating foods high in water content can help hydrate your skin from the inside out. Try water-based foods like watermelon, cantaloupe, oranges, and kiwi. Choose watery vegetables like celery, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Also consider an omega-3 supplement, or consume more fatty fish to give your skin the building blocks it needs to appear smooth.
Say goodbye to rough cracked skin, and hello to smooth fresh perfection! If you would like more information about keeping your skin hydrated and protected, or would like more information on the types of chemical peels we offer to help kickstart the process, give us a call: 631-751-4400.
Summer is almost here, and that means it is getting closer to bathing suit season! Have you been dreaming of getting back your youthful tummy, but are not sure what procedure is right for you? Do you have stubborn fat that will not go away with consistent exercise? Then it is time to consider a “mini tummy tuck.”
What is a mini tummy tuck? A partial abdominoplasty, or “mini tummy tuck”, is similar to the regular tummy tuck procedure, except it involves a shorter incision and the skin is only lifted to the navel, which does not have to be moved.
Am I a candidate for a mini tummy tuck? This procedure is ideal for patients who need just a little improvement in order to reach their desired results. You can discuss the differences between procedures, as well as weigh their benefits and risks with your doctor in order to decide which procedure is best for you. By listening to what patients have to say and closely examining them rather than performing a one-size-fits-all procedure on every person, we provide patients with a completely customized treatment that takes into account their specific goals.
What can I expect my results to be? A tummy tuck leaves patients with a flatter, more toned abdominal area that fits the natural contours of your body. It can improve a patient’s appearance and confidence by helping them look and feel younger and slimmer. The results of this procedure are visible right away and will continue to improve. With a balanced diet and regular exercise, results are long-lasting. Scars will fade with time, leaving your stomach sleeker and more defined than ever before.
For more information about a partial abdominoplasty (“mini tummy tuck”), or to schedule an appointment, please give us a call: 631-751-4400.