Have you ever looked into your mirror and longed for a more youthful shape, or dreamed of a different, better-proportioned you? Then you are not alone! In fact, breast augmentation is one of the most frequently performed cosmetic surgery procedures in the U.S. and one of our most popular services. A breast augmentation may give women with small or unevenly sized breasts a fuller, firmer, better-proportioned look through the placement of saline or silicone implants in the breast.
Our patients elect to undergo breast augmentation for many different medical and aesthetic reasons, including balancing breast size, compensating for reduced breast mass after pregnancy, and correcting a congenital breast defect. For this reason, every one of our patients enjoys completely customized treatment designed with her specific goals in mind. Under our doctors’ expert care, patients enjoy great-looking, natural-feeling breasts that are one or more cup sizes larger after the operation.
Breast augmentation may achieve dramatic and beautiful results on its own as well as in conjunction with other cosmetic surgery or non-invasive procedures*. We sometimes recommend combining breast augmentation with other procedures such as a breast lift for more satisfying results.
If you are interested in learning more about a breast augmentation, or any other service we offer please call us today to schedule a consultation: 631-751-4400.
Your skin changes with the seasons, and so should your skincare! Summer might be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean the sun stops affecting your skin. Now is the perfect time to start getting your skin ready for the fall, and even preparing for the harsh winters ahead! Here are three recommended tips to restoring your youthful glow and reversing some of the wear and tear your skin took during the summer.
Exfoliate. Time to get rid of that dry cracked sun-damaged skin! Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive spa procedure that rejuvenates the appearance of the skin by treating sun damage, scarring, wrinkles and other unwanted skin problems. This procedure uses a gentle stream of tiny particles to exfoliate the outer layer of skin, leaving fresh, younger-looking skin and a renewed appearance. Microdermabrasion may be combined with other procedures such as chemical peels or laser treatment.
Rehydrate. Our skin gets thirsty too! Make sure to drink plenty of water, and use moisturizers daily. If you are looking for an extra facial boost, try our Zo Hydration Facial Treatment. This treatment hydrates and rejuvenates moisture-depleted skin. Replenish your skin with this hydration facial treatment while decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This treatment uses, aloe, cucumber and chamomile, to calm and soothe the skin, along with DNA repairing enzymes, resulting in a beautiful refreshed look to your skin.
Protect. The sun might be setting earlier, but it can still be damaging! Make sure to use facial and body moisturizers and makeup that have sunscreen already in them. This will help protect against damaging sun rays that cause wrinkles and sunspots. If not, use sunscreen daily – protection is key to healthy glowing skin!
If you are interested in learning more about ways to rejuvenate your skin, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us today: 631-751-4400
Have you ever looked at your cellphone screen after a phone call and noticed there was oil from your face on the screen? Does your face always look shiny when looking at pictures of yourself? Everyone has natural oils within their skin, but some secret more oil than others.
Oily skin is caused by excess skin oil produced within the pores, and the amount of oil fluctuates with hormone fluctuation. For example, an adolescent going through puberty is experiencing a high hormone fluctuation and thus will be more likely to excrete more oil from their pores. It all comes down to one’s genetic makeup and how his or her body reacts to life events.
Here are some tips and tricks to treating oily skin:
- Cleanse: Use a gentle face cleanser twice a day
- Moisturize: Moisturize your skin every day
- Oil-free products: Use oil-free face products especially when it comes to makeup
- ZO Acne Facial Treatment: This treatment, offered by our spa, is used to minimize excess oil production and tighten pores. This process while is a deep pore cleansing treatment it also encourages healing and reduces inflammation using eucalyptus and kaolin which which will help to calm and soothe.
- Oxygen Treatment: This treatment, offered by our spa, uses pressurized cool oxygen increases absorption of serum to improve skins moisture as well as vitamins.
If you are interested in learning more about our facial treatments, how to combat oily skin, or any other service we offer please call us today: 631-751-4400.
The constant heat and humidity of the summer can leave your skin dehydrated, cracked, and stressed. Luckily, the food we eat and how we treat ourselves can prevent or even reverse these effects. Your body needs the right nutrients to fight off damage, and your skin is no different. Here are some tips and tricks to rejuvenating your skin!
- NUTRITION: Drink plenty of water every day – the recommended amount is eight glasses a day. Eat foods rich with antioxidants like blueberries, cranberries, and pecans. Eat a diet filled with colorful vegetables like peppers, spinach, and beets. A diet rich in vitamin C leads to fewer wrinkles. Researchers have found that skin exposed to vitamin C for long periods of time can produce up to eight times more collagen!
- EVERYDAY TIPS: Limit your sun exposure. While small amounts of daily sun can be beneficial, too much sun can damage your skin. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen and polarized sunglasses. Opt for natural skin products that don’t contain harsh chemicals. Engage in activities that relieve stress as high levels of stress will compromise your skin. Make sure that you not only sleep for eight hours a night, but that it is quality sleep.
- MICRODERMABRASION: Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive spa procedure that rejuvenates the appearance of the skin by treating sun damage, scarring, wrinkles and other unwanted skin problems. This procedure uses a gentle stream of tiny particles to exfoliate the outer layer of skin, leaving fresh, younger-looking skin and a renewed appearance.
If you are interested in learning more about ways to rejuvenate your skin, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us today: 631-751-4400.
When you smile, laugh, or frown you contract the muscles of your face. Over time, these contractions produce permanent deep wrinkles in the skin. Many see such wrinkles around the eyes and mouth, between the eyebrows, and on the forehead. These lines can make you look older, sad, angry or tired. Soft tissue fillers like BOTOX® can prevent you from deepening these lines during natural facial movements. They can also erase such marks of aging, leaving you looking younger and refreshed.
WHAT IT IS: Botox is a highly purified protein injected into the skin to relax the muscles that cause some kinds of wrinkles. Botox injections are relatively painless, as the needle used is significantly smaller than those used for other injectable fillers.
USES: Botox is primarily used to reduce lines and wrinkles on the face and neck. The procedure only takes a few minutes and requires no anesthetic. Wrinkles begin to fade within 24 hours, with continued improvement over the next five days.
CANDIDATES: The best candidates for Botox are men and women seeking an enhanced appearance with fewer wrinkles. In addition, it is important that those seeking treatment are in good physical health, are not pregnant or nursing and do not have a neuromuscular disorder. People seeking Botox injections should have realistic expectations regarding this procedure’s abilities and should discuss their desired goals with their doctor beforehand.
If you are interested in learning more about Botox, or any other soft tissue filler we offer please call us today: 631-751-4400.
Summer is here and that means so is the heat and humidity. That also means it’s time for backyard barbecues, beach hangouts, and outdoor parties. This is one reason the permanent makeup trend is on the rise. So often summer heat melts away eyeliner, mascara, lipliner, and more. If you find yourself constantly having to reapply your makeup, or you are just tired of your daily extensive makeup routine, then it is time to explore the benefits of permanent makeup!
WHAT IS IT? Permanent makeup mimics the look of just-applied lipstick, lip liner, eyebrow pencil, and eyeliner. It is done through a process called micropigmentation. Micropigmentation uses a tattooing technique as a means of adding designs around the eyes, lips, and eyebrows for a full makeup-ready look.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS? Permanent makeup means saying goodbye not just to the constant application in humid months like the summer, but to your everyday lengthy makeup routine. The best part? It is long lasting! Give your face a break from dry powders and greasy liners. With permanent makeup, you can wakeup and go without the hassle.
WHERE CAN I GET IT DONE? We now offer permanent makeup at our spa, Spa Belle Meade! Currently, we offer permanent makeup solutions for eyebrows, eyeliner, full lip and lip liner. It is important to note that permanent makeup requires the same downtime and recovery as any other type of tattoo. We recommend avoiding the sun, pool, and/or beach for the first week.
If you are interested in learning more about our permanent makeup solutions, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us today: 631-751-4400.
Tired of constantly applying your makeup? We are now offering permanent makeup solutions! Call us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment: 631-751-2693.
HOW IT WORKS: Ultherapy® is a nonsurgical treatment that may effectively lift and tighten the tissues in the face and neck using ultrasound energy. This advanced procedure targets the deep layers of tissue normally adjusted during a facelift or neck lift, heating them with the system’s sound waves and stimulating the production of collagen to achieve a slimmer, more youthful appearance. It can be used to treat sagging skin on the cheeks and neck while leaving the surface of the skin intact.
CANDIDATES: Many patients who choose this procedure wish to correct early signs of aging or to postpone the need for surgery.
EXPECTED RESULTS: The Ultherapy procedure takes just 30 to 60 minutes to perform in the doctor’s office, and involves no downtime, minimal side effects and gradual, natural-looking results. Patients will be able to return to work and their regular activities immediately after treatment, although the skin may appear slightly flushed for about an hour. Initial results are visible immediately after the Ultherapy treatment, but true lifting occurs over the next two to three months, as worn collagen is replaced with the stronger collagen produced from this procedure.
Facial cosmetic surgery can give your face a more youthful look or improve the shape of features such as the nose, chin or ears. At Suffolk Plastic Surgeons, PC, our board certified doctors can help you in choosing a facial rejuvenation procedure that will enhance your confidence and give you a naturally beautiful appearance that is true to who you are. For more information about Ultherapy, other facial cosmetic procedures, or to schedule an appointment, please give us a call: 631-751-4400.
Beach season is right around the corner, and that means it’s also bikini season! We know many dread this season because of lack of body confidence. Life happenings can definitely take a toll on our bodies. Pregnancy, weight loss, and even just age affect your body physically and your mind mentally. We want to help you get that bikini bod confidence again! Here are four life-changing procedures to help you restore your youthful beach body:
- Tummy Tuck. Abdominoplasty, often called a “tummy tuck,” is a popular procedure used to flatten and shape the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and tightening muscles. The best candidates for a tummy tuck are in good physical condition with pockets of fat or loose skin that haven’t responded well to traditional diet and exercise. This procedure can also benefit older, slightly obese people whose skin has lost some of its elasticity. Tummy tucks can also be useful for women with stretched skin and muscles from pregnancy.
- CoolSculpting. CoolSculpting® is the first and only nonsurgical procedure to selectively reduce fat layers in problem areas that include muffin tops, love handles and back fat. CoolSculpting® uses patented cooling technology to eliminate fat without surgery. It is designed to selectively reduce the fat in problem areas that has proven resistant to reduction through diet and exercise.
- Body Lift. A body lift, also known as a belt lipectomy, is performed to remove excess skin or fatty tissue on the body that results from age or extreme weight loss. More extensive than just a tummy tuck, the body lift is performed on the lower torso and upper legs and resculpts the abdomen, hips, back, buttocks and outer thighs. People who have lost a large amount of weight, either through gastric bypass surgery or intestinal bypass surgery, or change in nutrition and fitness habits, may have excess skin on their bodies and are excellent candidates for a body lift.
- Liposuction. Liposuction is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure used to remove localized areas of fat from the body through a small thin tube called a cannula. The fat from the targeted area is suctioned from the body through this tube to help patients achieve a slim and balanced appearance. The ideal candidate for liposuction is someone who is in good overall health and maintains a healthy lifestyle, but has one or more problem areas with unresponsive fat deposits.
If you would like more information on the procedures above, or would like to hear about other available options, give us a call: 631-751-4400.
With the colder months behind us, we are beginning to prep ourselves for summer. That means getting our dry skin looking refreshed! If you are tired of dried elbows, pealing facial skin, and rough cracked hands then try out these 5 tips and tricks to achieving glowing hydrated skin.
- H2O. Make water your best friend! It is one of the most important factors in achieving fresh looking skin. Drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water a day will hydrate your body from the inside out. Mix it up every once in a while by adding lemon or cucumber to your water for a refreshing change!
- Protect. Everyday elements such as the sun, wind, and pollution can have an effect on your skin. Make sure to apply sunscreen (even if it is not sunny) when you plan on going outdoors. Read the ingredients in your beauty products – many brands already include sunscreen in them! Wear appropriate clothing that covers your skin from unnecessary sun exposure or highly polluted areas.
- Moisturize. First, find the right moisturizer for your skin type and body part. Your face might require a different type of cream than other areas like your hands, elbows, and feet as it may be more sensitive. After cleansing the area(s), apply moisturizer. This should be done daily, in the morning and at night.
- Exfoliate. Moisture cannot get in the skin if there are too many dead cells blocking it. Try exfoliating in the shower using a body wash and a brush or sponge. You can also treat yourself to an exfoliating facial or chemical peal! Chemical peels remove damaged outer layers of skin on the face to smooth texture, reduce scarring, and remove blemishes to produce healthy, glowing skin.
- Nutrition. Eating foods high in water content can help hydrate your skin from the inside out. Try water-based foods like watermelon, cantaloupe, oranges, and kiwi. Choose watery vegetables like celery, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Also consider an omega-3 supplement, or consume more fatty fish to give your skin the building blocks it needs to appear smooth.
Say goodbye to rough cracked skin, and hello to smooth fresh perfection! If you would like more information about keeping your skin hydrated and protected, or would like more information on the types of chemical peels we offer to help kickstart the process, give us a call: 631-751-4400.